Deck & Patio Painting
Refinish Your Outside Living
Make Your Patio or Deck Eye-Catching
A beautifully painted deck or patio can do wonders for your home exterior. However, getting the perfect look might be a chore, especially if you have no clue what it entails. Poorly painted wood can lead to splits and peeling paint when moisture seeps into exposed areas.
Ideally, your best bet will be to hire a professional painting contractor for a quality painting of your deck or patio. Not only will a professional painting company like Edwards Painting provide a durable, eye-catching patio or deck but they’ll be able to complete the job promptly, and ensure it’s done correctly from the beginning.
Let’s have a look at why you might want to consider giving your deck or patio a new look and how to decide what options will best compliment your space.
Should You Paint or Stain Your Deck or Patio?
Adding new stain or paint are the two most common options for refreshing your outdoor space. Each option has its own advantages.
Staining, for example, can increase the beauty and complexity of the wood grain. However, it’ll require more maintenance since it will require special upkeep or periodic re-staining.
On the other hand, painting is a faster approach that offers added durability. The only downside to this is that you’ll miss out on the natural appearance of the wood grain. Paint-coated decks and railings are also prone to cracking, bubbling, and splitting which can be an issue during Texas summers.
It’s also worth noting that not all decks are suited for painting. For best results, you should consult the experts at Edwards Painting who can offer advice on the best options for your deck or patio area.
Paint Your Patio or Deck
Most painting professionals are reluctant to share information on how to go about patio or deck painting due to the consequences associated with an improperly done exterior home painting. If you are up for the challenge of completing the job by yourself, then you should at least avail yourself of our helpful tips for a successful deck or patio painting.
- First, ensure that the wood is clean and dry. If you want a pristine surface, consider sanding or power washing.
- If loose nails hold your deck together, switch them for the immediate larger option. Larger nails will keep loosened wood where it should be. It would be much easier for you to use a hinge pin as an oversized nail set instead of the skinny-tipped nail punch professional painters would use.
- Fill gaps in the wood with superior putty. Take time to clean off excess putty, so you don’t have to sand the surface excessively.
- Fill in all joints with premium caulk.
- Apply oil-based primer to exposed areas and areas with putty.
- Finish with finish. While wood would thrive with a high-quality oil-based finish, handrails can do with top-shelf acrylic paint.
Deciding on a Color for Your Deck or Patio
One of the most important decisions you’ll make with your home is color choice. A color consultant from Edwards Painting can help you make proper color choices for your deck or patio area that will best complement the rest of your house.
Whether choosing between a wood stain or traditional solid paint, choosing the right color as well as the correct type of product will make all the difference.